Spotify is a very active brand in the music festival industry, and as a streaming partner for music festivals understands very well that there are multiple opportunities for further brand awareness and end-user acquisition.
Glownet proposed innovative RFID engagement experiences to Spotify to target festival-goers at Bilbao BBK Live, one of the biggest music festivals in Spain.
The experiential marketing concepts Glownet delivered were:
- Selfie stations positioned around the site so that customers could take instant selfies and apply Instagram-type filters. Simply by tapping their Spotify wristbands on a totem, customers were able to upload photos to their Facebook profile with an overlay of the sponsor.
- Playlist Check-In totems located at the main stages giving the opportunity for registered customers to check-in while different artists were playing. Festival goers could share the playlist that their favourite artist was playing on Facebook by tapping their wristband to the Playlist Stations.
- At the end of the festival customers received a customised playlist based on the artists they watched at the festival.
- Samsung speakers, cameras, Spotify premium accounts were used as incentives depending on the levels of engagement achieved by their Facebook posts.
The objectives for this campaign were to register 3,000 users, generate 1 million impressions, 5,000 comments and likes, 1,000 playlists and photos. The results far exceeded these expectations:
- 4.3 million impressions
- 6,700 registered customers
- 18,000 comments and likes
- 3,100 Spotify playlists shared
- 2,300 photos shared